Wednesday, September 16, 2009

80~ Move over Papa John, it's Mama Mom....

Ok, now that I have your attention, I just wanted to share the best pizza crust recipe I have tried yet! (from FamilyFun)

I have tried many, this one is versatile,easy and non exhausting, I RIKE IT!!
First I used it for stromboli dough, filled it with pepperoni, peppers and some other fun stuff-they were awesome! The dough is sturdy enough that none of my ingredients leaked out (I really am not sure if it is the recipe or my cr@ppy skills in the kitchen-but I have had leakage!)

Any who, you could make breadsticks served with warm marinara (yummy), pretzels, rolls/flatbread out of this recipe and you may be the next Martha Stewart!

Tonight I am going to try to make pizza with it, as it was intended....SMACK! Back on point....Dough:

1 1/3 cups of lukewarm water
1 (1/4 ounce) pkg active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating the dough
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups flour, more for kneading

Pour the water in big bowl, sprinkle in the yeast.
Stir in the sugar and oats, allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir in the oil and salt. Add 2 cups of the flour and beat the mixture for @ 100 strokes. (the angry dough gods are not going to get you if you only do 30 or 40-...well....they haven't gotten me yet) Set mixture aside for 5 minutes **this is my kind of cooking all these breaks!
Break over...Add the remaining flour 1/3 cup at a time (no dough gods here either) and beat well after additions. When the dough is firm and pliable place it on a floured surface and knead until it is springy (8 minutes) Add more flour if the dough becomes sticky.
Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, turn dough to coat it with oil, cover and set aside in a warm spot until it has doubled in size, @ an hour....

If using it for pizza crust,heat oven to 425 roll dough and bake on oiled cookie sheet for 25 minutes...

1 comment: